The Law Society of Ontario has accredited this Program with 1.5 hours of professionalism content plus 1.0 EDI hour (for a total of 2.5 professionalism hours inclusive of EDI)
This is a Program is for legal professionals who function in the real world but perhaps not at their best. An interplay between neuroscience and emotional intelligence.
A lawyer’s mind is wired differently in order for us to be proficient and professional in our careers. Although this is essential for our professional life it has a huge impact and stress on our personal lives which in turn creates stress and anxiety which may lead to depression and self medicating habits.
This workshop/program allows the participants to self identify those areas in their life that need improvement (both at home and at work) so that they can function optimally with a better understanding of themselves and those around them.
Goal of the Program:
- Gain perspective and objectivity even with challenging situations and people.
- Create a balance between work and life.
The program provides:
- Simple tools that can easily be incorporated into practice when engaging with difficult clients, counsel, judges and staff.
- Tips for managing your practice:
Learn How to:
- Create Engagement Letters that reflect the values of your practice
- Create Engagement Letters that set out client expectations and lawyer expectations.
- Bring civility, compassion end emotional intelligence to your practice.
- Understand the impact of communication; how speech and words have power.
- Engage in impactful, respectful and empowering communication to enhance negotiation and resolution.